|112 athletes will bring their best football skills to Stage 3 of the Red Bull Street Style World Championship on September 4-11, and everyone can watch what happens. Here’s all you need to know:|
– The official World Championship of freestyle football, Red Bull Street Style has been a driving force since 2008, showcasing the creativity of freestyle footballers and growing the sport. In men’s and women’s competition, individual athletes serve up mindblowing football tricks. The most creative, technical and stylish player wins the crown.
– The 2020 tournament is being held online. Over 500 hopefuls from 93 countries have been trimmed to 80 men and 32 women for Stage 3, and ongoing competition will continue to slice the field. Only 8 women and 16 men will make it to November’s Red Bull Street Style World Final on November 14, 2020.
– From September 4-11, Stage 3 will challenge the freestylers to build their “hardest set.” To impress WFFA judges watching live online, they must connect pre-selected tricks in the most difficult and unusual way possible. Beyond trick mastery, it’s a huge test of transitions and overall control.
– “Stage 3 is critical, as many judges consider difficulty to be the most important criterion. Meanwhile, for other judges, originality is decisive, which will be tested more in Stage 4. Each stage is another filter to find the most complete freestyler and champion,” says 2018 World Champion Erlend Fagerli of Norway. “Knowing that people will be watching live makes it a lot more exciting and will give a stronger feeling of competition, as you have to perform under pressure and be more consistent.”
– Fagerli is just one of many former titleholders packing Stage 3: Look also for Kotaro “Tokura” Tokuda (Japan), Kitti Szasz (Hungary), Szymon Skalski (Poland) and Aguska Mnich (Poland). And stay tuned, because defending World Champions Ricardo “Ricardinho” Chahini of Brazil and Mélody Donchet of France automatically have a berth into Stage 4.
– That means the 2020 lineup includes every female football freestyler who has ever won a Red Bull Street Style World Championship: Mnich has one title, Szasz holds two, and Donchet is the only freestyler, male or female, with three. But for the women as well as the men, fresh faces are pounding on the door…
– A new documentary, “Pushing Progression,” offers an inside look at the collision of sport, breakdance, art and the Internet that has defined Red Bull Street Style for a generation. Featuring icons of progress like Séan Garnier, Daniel Dennehy, Mélody Donchet and Charly Iacono, “Pushing Progression” will be available in September on Red Bull TV.
RED BULL STREET STYLE STAGE 3
Broadcasting on WFFA Social Media
September 11 – September 15
3x slots a day (each with 8 freestylers): 16:00, 18:00 and 20:00 CET
September 15, 21:00 CET
Announced on redbullstreetstyle.com
Be sure to follow the WFFA on all social media platforms for further announcements and updates.
Keep checking redbullstreetstyle.com for regular updates and news.
Images free of charge for editorial use. Credit: Red Bull Content Pool
For more information, images, videos: redbullcontentpool.com
Contact: email@example.com / +41 79 627 05 47