Automotive Culture & Lifestyle by F.A.T. in Zell am See Kaprun
This is what happened in Zell am See on January 27, 2024
• First appearance as the F.A.T. Ice Race under the F.A.T. International brand
• Amateur and professional racers endure extreme conditions while competing for the best performance on ice
• The vehicle line-up ranged from historic icons to modern GT and rally cars
• Over 3,000 spectators
• Numerous VIP guests including Formula One drivers Valtteri Bottas and Mark Weber, multiple Olympic gold medal and World Cup winning skiers Aksel Lund Svindal and Marcel Hirscher, six times rallycross world champion Johan Kristoffersson, double rally world champion Walter Röhrl and DTM champion Bruno Spengler
• Show runs on track as main attraction
• Current models such as Porsche 911 Dakar, Skoda Fabia R5 and Ken Block’s fully electric S1 Hoonitron on track
• Historic and modern race cars including a variety of Audi Quattro models and Meyers Manx Buggys
• German racing legend Hans-Joachim “Striezel” Stuck drove the future generation of the VW Golf R still wrapped in camouflage for an unofficial world premiere
• F.A.T. Ice Race will expand to the US with the first ever F.A.T. Ice Race in Aspen (8-10 February 2024)
After a three-year enforced break, it was officially time to revive the legendary Ice Race in Zell am See, making its comeback under the F.A.T. International brand as the F.A.T. Ice Race.
F.A.T. International, a former French logistics company known for its extensive sponsorship history in the world of motorsport, has been relaunched as a automotive lifestyle brand. The brand is inspired by the legendary Porsche 962, which won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1994 under the F.A.T. label. The aim is to reference the spirit and appeal of the 80s and 90s, as Ferdinand Porsche, founder of the event, explains.
While providing a spectacular setting, the event united passionate motorsport fans and showcased the diverse realm of automotive culture.
Spectators witnessed firsthand as amateur and professional racing drivers endured extreme conditions, competing for the best performance on ice.
Whether spectators wanted to see the most iconic cars in the history of motorsport, agile buggies, or modern GT and rally cars, it was guaranteed to witness breath-taking drift angles and jaw-dropping action!